Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Peanut Butter, Play Date and New Job

Hello everyone! Let me get you all caught up! So I started my new job this week! I am now officially the Manager of Commissioning and Qualification Projects at Vantage Consulting Group here in Raleigh as of this past Tuesday! Yeah! Things are going well. But my first project is out in Greenville, NC (which is about a 1 1/2 hour drive east of here - so looks like I'll be driving back and forth quite a bit here in the next several months!).

Other than that. Olivia had a couple of doctor's appointments last week to fill you in on. She had her 3-week post-op for her eye surgery last Wednesday. The doctor said that her eyes looked GREAT and the tubes were staying in place really well. So, we made an appointment for the week before Thanksgiving to have them taken out. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed for a little longer to hope they continue to stay in place.

Friday she had her 15-month checkup and here's her latest stats:


Height: 31 inches (70%)
Weight: 20.85 pounds (20%)
Head Circumference: 18 1/4 inches (50%)

Looks like she is still our tall and skinny little girl! But she has grown and gotten a full pound heavier. So all is well!

Grandmom Susan came to visit for the night last weekend, as well! We had a good time hanging out with her. She wanted to come see Olivia while Alan went off hunting.

We have also discovered that Olivia is not allergic to Peanuts so I decided to let Olivia have a good old American classic for dinner the other night: A Peanut Butter Sandwich! Check it out:

What is this stuff???



Want some, Mama??

mmmm, this stuff is pretty good!



Now my belly is full and I'm worn out!

We also had a play-date with our friends Logan and Masyn on Saturday morning at Masyn's house this past weekend. Masyn and Olivia had a fun time pushing each other around in the "doll" stroller.


I also got a chance to go over to see my friend, Cynthia on Friday and visit with her sweet little baby girls, Evelyn and Jessica. I am so thrilled that they are all home now safe and sound under one roof as a family. We had a nice time catching up and look forward to the next time that we can hang out again! Aren't they soooo cute??

Now that Olivia has finally gotten some hair and can wear some bows, I got my hot glue gun out and made her some. I think they came out pretty good! Take a look:

I made sure to make a BIG RED NC STATE bow for the football games we have lined up to go to this year. She hasn't actually worn any of these out and about yet, but we have tried them out on her and both Susan (Grandmom) and I approve!
Here's just another cute picture and video of Olivia sitting (and bouncing) on the ball that some of Grant's family had gotten her for her birthday. She has decided that it is PERFECT for bouncing on!

The only other thing that we have going on now is that we signed Olivia up at The Little Gym. It is sort of like toddler gymnastics/play class. Her first class is tomorrow morning (it's once a week) and we are really excited about it. And what's even cooler is that Gracie will be taking the class with her! How fun is that! I'll try to take a couple pictures tomorrow, but it is a parent participation class, so I'm not sure how much time I will have to take pictures, we'll see what I can sneak in. Wish us luck!
Until next time - take care and keep in touch!

No comments: