Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Grant's Surgery

Hey everyone! I wanted to give you an update on how Grant's surgery went yesterday. Ok, so we had to be at the hospital by 5:30 for an 8:30 surgery. We were there on time and were the first ones in line for Dr. Wyker. We got called back to the pre-op room by 6am and grant got to dress up in this great outfit!



Then he had a bunch of different nurses and such coming and going asking him questions, doing his IV and getting him prepped. He was taken back into surgery just before 8:30 and I was sent to the waiting room. Not 40 minutes later, Dr. Wyker came out to talk with me. The surgery went well. He removed 3 foreign bodies (cartilage) from his knee and said that would help him not feel like he had gravel loose in his knee. He had a small tear in his meniscus cartilage and Dr. Wyker smoothed that out. The biggie is that he did have to do the micro-fracture surgery on his knee which will put him non-weightbearing and on crutches for 6 weeks!!! The means out of work and sitting home bored to death for 6 WEEKS! I got to come back and see him about 30 mnutes later and we were on the road home by a little after 10am. He did really well, didn't get sick coming off the anaesthesia or at all. A little light headed here and there and occasionally a bit sick feeling, but all in all, the best post-op he's ever had! So, now he's just got to hang back and wait for the cartilage to grow back and take effect.

Here is a picture of him from today sitting on the couch watching basketball.




Well, as for me, other than being completely wiped out after waking up at 4 in the morning and taking care of my honey all day I am doing well. I think the morning sickness is definately gone!!! YEAH! AND, I think the headache/migraine phase is on its way out. I am not getting them everyday anymore and they are easing up in intensity. So until the next fun sympton, I'll be taking care of Grant.

No comments: