Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hello everyone! Well, it has been a while since my last blog - so let me fill you in. Olivia has been doing well - she's actually not been sick in a while (but mommy has!). She has been saying "mama" and "dada" pretty regularly now and we are pretty sure she knows what they mean. We have even heard her try to say "kitty" a couple times while playing with Shami. She also said "bye bye" once at daycare when we were saying goodbye to her little friend Sophie - as soon as Sophie (who is about 15 months old) said "bye bye," Olivia said it right after her. It kind of took me by surprise - but they said that she's been saying different things at daycare quite often. So, though most of what she says is still gibberish - she is learning how to say a couple things. It is really cute!

Also, she is getting to be so much fun to play with now. She is at a really great age now where we can "chase" her around and she just "run-crawls" as fast as she can laughing and squealing away. I have a couple videos of us playing with her later in this blog!

Well, without further delay (since I know some of you have been waiting a long time to see more pics of little Livi) here are some "fashion show" pictures of her showing off some of her outfits:

Here she is posing showing off her cool Osh-Kosh jeans! Isn't she a little diva??



Here is her cute little lamb sweater that she has finally grown into. We got this at one of her showers.

And remember me telling you all that on Valentine's Day when we were traveling to Huntersville for Drew's 1st birthday - that she never even made it all the way there in her cute V-Day outfit (she had gotten sick in the car and we had an impromptu wardrobe change on the side of the road). Well, this is the really cute V-Day outfit she WAS wearing that no one got to see. Isn't it cute. It was from Grandmom.


Love the leopard pants!


Ok, so I get this free Baby Talk magazine and there is a contest in there for the next "Cover Baby" and I wanted to enter Olivia into the contest. It says to send in a photo of your baby that shows her face and her personality. Here are some of the pictures I am thinking of sending in. Let me know which ones you like the best. (I just LOVE the cute little overall outfit with her supercool Red Sox hat from Papa!)

Contest Pic #1

(Ok, this one wasn't one I was going to send in - but I just thought I'd show you how Olivia was wearing her Sox hat just like Papa does!)

Contest Pic #2

Contest Pic #3
Contest Pic #4
This next one is the one I have on my computer screen background right now!
Contest Pic #5

Contest Pic #6
Well, we also got her name board back from Lundies Photography a week or 2 ago. Here it is. It shows her holding each letter of her name so it spells out O-L-I-V-I-A. We still haven't hung it up in her room yet, we can't decide where to put it. But it came out so cute. In fact, the ladies at Lundies thought it came out so cute that the had 2 of them made - one for us and one for them to put up at the studio. It is sitting right on their counter for everyone to see! They have been calling her their "Lundies baby" since she has been coming there since she was 6 days old (when we did the "hands and feet" collage) and they just adore her!

Ok, so here are some videos of Grant and I playing with her. You can see how much fun we are having with her these days!

Here is one more video of her using her walker. She's gotten to be a pro at it. So much so, that she actually took her first steps last weekend without it - on her own. She took one little shuffle step at our neighbors house when we went over for dinner saturday night. Then we were at home with her on and she started taking 3-4 steps at a time walking across from one end of our "L" shaped couch to the other end (cutting the corner). Since then, she has been "practicing" here and there. No "Official" walker status yet, but she's working on it. She still gets a little nervous when she's not holding onto anything and tends to sit down so she won't fall, but she's making progress. I've been trying to catch it on video for you, but every time I pull out the camera, she sits down. ha ha!

Well, that's about all for this installment of Olivia's Life. Tune in next time to hear about the fun Easter trip Drew and Olivia had when he came up to see her last weekend for the Baby Bash 2009!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I choose Contest Picture #2. She looks like a real Red Sox Cheerleader.

Love
Grandma Noreen

Kiwi Lexie said...

I'm thinking Picture #2 as well!! Oh my gosh here laugh is SO GREAT!!! Can't wait to see her in a year's time when I finally get back there!!

love,
lex