Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Friday, August 28, 2009

Sugery Sucess!

Hello everyone! So sorry that I have been such a slacker with blogging lately! It has been a REALLY crazy couple of weeks! But before I get into all of that, let me get to the important stuff.

Olivia's surgery was this morning and all was good! Grant could not be there on such short notice since we scheduled it only 2 weeks out, so my wonderful friend Sara came with us to help me out. (Thanks so much, Sara! I REALLY appreciate you coming with us! It really meant a lot to me!) Anyway, the doctor was able to get the balloon catheter probe in there to open up her ducts and got the tubes put into place. Now we just have to hope that they *stay* in place for the next several months while they heal. (Apparently sometimes the kids will rub them out and such!) The doctor did say that this time when she probed her eyes that Olivia's left eye (the one that was SO bad last time) had one BIG blockage in it that she had to clear, but this time the right eye duct was filled with gravel that took her 20 minutes to get cleared out. So needless to say, she definitely still needed to have this further surgery in BOTH eyes. So let's just hope that this is the final one for her little eyes!
And much like last time, she was pretty upset when we went back to get her after the surgery was over. But once we got her home and she had a good nap and some lunch - all was good in the world again. She just needed to sleep off the anesthesia and get some food in her belly. They did have to do an IV on her this time, with a breathing tube and everything but even with all of that, by this evening, she was playing and watching cartoons and acting like her usual self! She even had some ice cream after her dinner!
Here are some pictures from the hospital before she went into her surgery:

They actually found a hospital gown that sort of *fit* her this time. At least we tied it tight enough to make it work. It had bugs bunny, taz, tweety and all the loony tunes characters on it. Doesn't she look cute in her little gown?

Look at her little tushy hanging out:

Here's just a little video from us hanging out in there (I took it on my phone so the quality isn't great):

Then she fell asleep while we were waiting for them to take her back!

Ok, so let me back up a bit! So a few weekends ago my parents came to visit and hang out. Here's a picture of them with Olivia:

While they were here, my mom taught Olivia that a doggy says "woof-woof" since her new favorite toy is her stuffed animal doggy. Check out this video:

I also have just some random cute pictures of Olivia with some cute little bows in her HAIR!!! YES! She now has enough hair to wear bows! YEAH!

And the moment you all have been waiting for . . . ok well at least I have . . Olivia has started to say Mama! Ok, so maybe she still calls me Daddy most of the time, but she will at least say the word mama on occasion and even knows that it is me! Here's a video of her saying the highly coveted word:

Ok, that's about all for now, I'll try my best to blog more often. Things have been quite crazy with work for me lately. They announced a couple weeks ago that they are closing my entire division so, we have been scrambling. We will be ok, though. My boss and my co-workers (I am in a small group of about 5 people) are going to all move to another company as a group. We are actually going to open a new office here in Raleigh for a company out of NJ - so we are going to be pretty busy in the next couple of months as we start that new venture. I will probably be moving over to that company sometime in September and we have been working on bringing all of our clients with us - hence me being out of touch for the last couple of weeks! Sorry about all of that! Well, until next time, take care and keep in touch! I'll do my best to keep you all posted on Olivia's status - but be patient with me if I fall down on the job again! :)

1 comment:

Kiwi Lexie said...

Hey guys!!

YAY for saying MAMA!! :) So great! and woof woof...I really can't wait to meet her in just a few more months! Happy to hear her surgery went well and I hope it works for good this time! And good luck with the new job Sherry...I'll have to get filled in on what you'll be doing!