Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

NC State Fair

Ok, so as usual, I am way behind in my blogging. Let me first catch you up on how I am doing. I am doing ok. I had another procedure last week and am still waiting for the biopsy results - no news yet. But on the upside, my doctor agreed that she did not think this was Celiac disease so she is allowing me to do a "gluten challenge" for 3-6 months (i.e. eat all the gluten I want - like a normal person) and then they will redo the blood work and biopsies for celiac to confirm that I don't have Celiac Disease. I have been doing this gluten challenge now for over a week and am doing well. Not sick because of it - so, we are pretty sure that it is not celiac disease (YEAH! - get me a donut!). The downside is that they really don't know what is going on. Hopefully this round of test biopsies will show something (anything!), but we aren't hopeful. I'm not really even sure where we go from here if it doesn't show anything but I'll keep you all posted.



Ok, enough about me - let's talk about Olivia! Let me start by posting just some hanging around the house pictures of her:





I got some new boots and Olivia really likes them. Here she is trying them out (she did this all on her own!):







We ate dinner at IHOP to celebrate my new gluten allowance. Here is Grant and Olivia sharing his water.



This past weekend Grant had 3 tickets (Front Row!) to see the carolina hurricanes and we thought it would be a nice way to thank Sara and Randy for helping us out when I was in the hospital (and many other times), since they are HUGE canes fans. I stayed home and watched the girls. Here's a picture from the news and observer website that caught them. The are right in the front row - Sara, Randy, Grant (leaning on the railing):

Meanwhile - this was my view from the evening:


We went to the fair last weekend and Olivia had a great time. It was a perfect day and we got there early - right after they opened - so it wasn't too crowded yet. We rode some rides, ate some good food, played some games and did a LOT of people watching!
Here's Olivia getting ready to go into the fair:

We saw lots of animals:


And Olivia even got to ride a pony! She LOVED it!


Here we are on the Ferris Wheel:



Then we got some tasty corn (dipped in butter, of course!):


She even won a Dora doll playing a fishing game. But by the end of the day - she was zonked out! (so were we!)


We had a lot of fun and were headed home for naps by about 3pm. It was a good day!

1 comment:

Mr. Hipp said...

Love the photo Grant!
Sherry, glad to hear you can eat pancakes again, hope all turns out well!