Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Just hanging out!

Hello again! So last you guys heard, little Owen was doing well and weighed in at a whopping 6lbs 13 oz when he was 1 week old. At his 2-week appointment he was 7lbs 5 oz (still growing!), then this past week (at 3 weeks, 2 days) when Olivia and I went in for our flu shots, we weighed him again and he was up to 8lbs 2.5oz - so, yep, the kid LOVES to eat!
I have given up nursing. I had a hard time nursing Olivia and it had never really worked out. Well, even though I thought it was going better this time around, after I got a pretty bad infection from nursing, I had to give it up. But, Owen is doing just fine on formula and we are all well again!
Olivia has been a great big sister! She LOVES giving Owen lots of hugs and kisses (We just have to watch that she doesn't get too rough with him or lay on top of him while hugging him). She also has really enjoyed helping us feed him and she always wants to hold him.
Here are some pictures of the kids:






I'm sure Owen will appreciate this one when he is older. Olivia wanted to play dress up with him and she dressed him up with her necklace and bracelet. He was a good sport about it, but I'm sure he won't appreciate me putting on the Internet once he gets old enough to know better! ha ha!


Here are some pictures of his first bath (after his cord fell off). Needless to say - he did NOT enjoy it! It was more like water torture!

Here I am brushing his beautiful hair after the bath:

Look how little he looks in the crib!! He hasn't slept in it yet (he's been sleeping in a bassinet next to our bed), but we wanted him to check it out. He really enjoyed the mobile.
Here is Livi holding Owen watching tv:

No comments: