Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bringing Owen Home

We headed home around 3pm on thursday.  Here we are ready to leave the hospital with our new bundle of joy:



Once we got home and got settled in, Grant had to head out to meet the builder to look at a couple things and pick up my perscriptions.  So I got to hang out with Owen for a little bit then head over to pick up Olivia.  


Thursday was pretty uneventful.   Grant was home friday morning, but had to head into work around lunchtime for the rest of the evening.  So, my friend Harmony came over with her twins to hang out for a bit.  We determined that Owen can sleep through about any level of noise (and later confirmed that with Olivia!).  Here are some pictures from the next few days:



Olivia really has been wonderful with Owen.  She loves him completely and has only showed a few signs of jealousy (wanting tobe held the same time as him - as in the previous picture), but has overall been great.  We just have to watch that she doesn't get too excited or rough around him.  Here is the proud big sister:





Friday night my parents came back up and my brother came up to meet Owen on saturday afternoon. 
On saturday my parents went with Grant and Olivia to see her dance class and I took Owen to his first doctor's appointment.  He was 6 lbs 11 oz at birth and had dropped to 6 lbs 5 oz when we left the hospital.  At his doctor's appointment on saturday, he was down to 6 lbs 3 oz.  The doctor said that was within the normal range but wanted to see him start going up in weight before we could relax our strict feeding schedule (I was attempting to nurse him even though I was not successful at all with Olivia).  At that point, my milk had just begun to come in and nursing was seeming to go much better.  We had not even needed to suppliment him with formula at all to that point.

Sunday, Chad and Becca came up with Drew and Emma to meet Owen then later on Susan and Alan came up.  Alan was finally able to meet Owen:






Sara and Randy also came over to meet Owen that afternoon.  Here is a picture of all the kids together:


Everyone left except Susan who stayed for a couple days to help me out for a couple days.  She is here now and has been a great help.  Alan is coming back up tomorrow to get her, then I will be on my own during the days (and nights when Grant is working).  So . . . I am always up for visitors to come hang out! :) 


Today (Tuesday) at his one week, we took him back to the doctor's office to do a weight check to see if he had started gaining weight back yet.  I had a feeling that he had because the little guys is quite a piggy and LOVES to eat!  Needless to say, he had!  And boy had he!  He was 6 lbs 3 oz on saturday (3 days ago) and today he was up to 6 lbs 13 oz!!! OMG the little piggy gained 10 oz in 3 days!  Yep, we are doing just fine with the breastfeeding!  I am so relieved! 

Here he is in his little carrier, he looks so tiny:


And here is a cute picture of Olivia and a very funny video of her rocking it out on guitar from today:




Then, of course, we had to take a 40 week belly shot since today was my official due date:


No comments: