Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Owen Update

Here are some cute pictures of Owen from the end of October.  He's been doing really well lately.  We did have some issues with his skin a couple weeks ago.  he had developed a pretty bad rash all over his face and head and some on his shoulder.  I took him to the doctor and they thought it might be a formula allergy so they suggested we put him on Alimentum (extremely expensive hypo-allergenic formula!).  So we did (and it smelled awful, too!) and the rash seemed to get a little better, but didn't quite go away.
 
Well, I had an appointment at my allergist to get allergy tested to go on allergy shots last Wednesday (I had been needing to go on shots, but had to wait until I wasn't preggers anymore).  Anyway, while I was there I asked the doctor about the rash and if he thought it could be a formula allergy.  He offered to do a simple skin test on him for the 6 common allergies (milk, soy, eggs, peanuts, wheat and pine nuts).  Good news - he had NO allergies to any of it!  Yeah!  So it wasn't an allergy.  So he recommended putting him on Soy formula for a couple weeks/months then going back to the milk based - just in case he has a milk protein sensitivity (because he seemed to have some tummy problems at the same time the rash showed up).    So far, he has done fine on the soy formula!

 By the way, my allergy testing showed that I am allergic to 26 different things (cats, dogs, dust mites, weeds, trees, grasses and molds!)  Yeah for me!  I had my first round of allergy shots yesterday - they have to give me 4 shots since I have so many allergies!  Fun!

Also, the doctor just said to keep moisturizing the rash several times a day and now it is just about gone!  Yeah!

Here are some cute pictures of Owen and some videos:







And a funny video of Olivia rocking it out:


No comments: