Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Monday, November 19, 2007

Big Day

Ok, so yesterday was a big day. We had a SURPRISE shower for my friend Sara at my house (Grant's best buddy, Randy's wife) and there were a lot of things that I needed to finish up for it before everyone arrived. But . . . . of course, yesterday turned out to be one of my worst morning sickness days so I was looking quite green for most of the day. Could barely get myself going that morning. Grant's parents wanted to come for the shower since they have known Randy for so long so we decided to go ahead and spill our good news with them before the shower since we wouldn't be seeing them thanksgiving weekend. Let's just say they were excited! Grant's brother, Chad and his wife Becca are expecting their first in February so now Alan and Susan not only get their first grandbaby but a 2nd one shortly after! They just about didn't believe us - good thing the sonograms have my name on them! ha ha

Anyway, the shower was a big hit and we REALLY surprised Sara. It took her a minute to realize what was going on when she got there, but then she started to cry a little. It was cute! The beauty of it was that most all of the people that came I had never met before so she was REALLY shocked to see them in my family room! (Thanks Randy for helping me out with contact info!) I'm glad it all turned out so well . . . and I'm glad it's over!

Now that we've told Grant's parents, we just have to tell mine . . . that will be on Thursday when we get into town for Thanksgiving. We wanted to tell both parents on thanksgiving but since we won't be seeing the Nelsons, we decided to go ahead and tell them and just wait to see my parents in person to tell them. I do know that dad is going to scream "It's about time!!!" and I'm not sure what my mom's reaction will be. I'm excited to finally tell everyone and be out in the open. The only big hurdle I'll have after that is telling my boss. We'll deal with that after thanksgiving!

Well aside from all of that, I'm still trying to get a handle on this morning (all day) sickness and actually sleep all the way through the night. I usually wake up for an hour or two in the middle of the night and can go back to sleep eventually . . . not last night. I woke up at 2:30 and NEVER got back to sleep - and to top it all off, I was feeling REALLY sick this morning. But I'm here at work (it's a big week for my project) let's just hope I can make it through the day. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I'll be ok by thanksgiving so I can eat lots of turkey!!! :)

No comments: