Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Cookies

On Christmas Eve my parents came to our house (my brother came up later that night). An old tradition that my mom and I used to do at Christmas every year was to bake sugar cookies and decorate them. We decided it was time to share this tradition with Olivia and bake some cookies for Santa.

She was a good little helper (when she wasn't sneaking tastes of the batter and frosting!). Here she is helping me make the cookie dough:




Then she was a good helper cutting out the cookie shapes.






And, of course, when it came time to make the frosting - she had to get a beater:

The cookies came out pretty good. The kitchen was a mess (so was Olivia!), but it was a lot of fun. Mom and I are going to make some aprons for Olivia and I so that next time, we won't get so messy! ha ha!

We let her pick out one of each cut out and put them out for Santa with some milk. We also put some carrots out for the reindeer - one for each. They must have really enjoyed them because there were only a couple crumbs left in the morning!


No comments: