Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

7 1/2 weeks and counting!

Hey everyone! Ok, so I only have 7 1/2 weeks left and I am starting to count them down! (Hopefully she will come a little early so that we can all meet her!)

Ok, so here's what's been going on: We finished up our birth classes last Thursday and we feel a lot more prepared now. Hopefully we won't be completely bewildered when the time comes now. Grant even said that he feels like he can help me through labor now - and not just stare at me in pain. So, the classes were good! Thanks Elissa Brody for helping us out so much!


We also met with Olivia's future pediatrician last week. She was highly recommended to us by my neighbor and the practice where she is was also recommended to us by several other people. We had an info session with her Thusday before our last birth class and REALLY liked her! Yeah, one more thing checked off our list! Now we need to get the insurance thing figured out to see which of our insurances we will put her on AND we have to do the lovely task of creating our Wills so that she is covered in case anything happens to us! Fun!


This past weekend was our 5th anniversary! We actually wound up going to a friend from college's wedding on Saturday night so we went out Friday to celebrate our anniversary. We decided not to do anything big for our anniversary - partly because we haven't even had time to breathe lately, and partly because we are just so focused on all the baby stuff. But I tried to look nice (and not feel like a complete cow!) and we went out for a nice dinner. Grant even got me roses! Here's a picture of us from that night:
I had a doctor's appt. yesterday morning and everything was going well. My blood pressure is starting to increase some, so we are going to keep an eye on that, but she seems to be doing well. I did get a chance to ask the doctor about my placenta stuff. I just wanted to know what to expect from my next ultrasound at 36 weeks. She said that if the placenta is still only 1 cm away from the cervix opening or still pretty close, we very well may still be scheduled for a C-Section at about 39 weeks. We'll just have to wait and see about that one. We have that scheduled for May 19th. I have one more doctor's appt. between now and then, also.


We did get our stroller from my mom last week - yeah! That has been fun to play with. Some of Grant's relatives had already gotten us the car seat that goes with it at our shower. Here is couple pictures of them. One with them separate and one with them put together as a travel set:
We also found out that Grant's parents got us our highchair and pack-n-play for our anniversary! Yeah, now we've got all the big stuff taken care of and we are almost ready for her (at least with all the stuff - not sure about emotionally yet - still working on that one!) They'll bring those up to us when the glider comes in, in another week or two.


And last, but not least, I finally got the bookshelf (the one that we had made for us) painted! I did an antique-like paint job on it and I think it came out really pretty. I painted it the yellow from the room first, then painted the sage green over the yellow. Then sanded some of the edges to age it a bit and make it look more interesting. We both think it came out really good. See for yourself:

Ok, well that's about all for now. We've just been sooooo busy these last couple weeks, hopefully after this week, it will all slow down a bit. I hope you are all doing well. Help me count down the weeks!!!

No comments: