Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Friday, July 18, 2008

Week 5

Hello everyone. Sorry it has been so long since my last posting - it's hard to get time to write these days! Ok, so let me recap the week for everyone.
We had our first road trip with Olivia last weekend and she traveled really well. Better than expected. We had a family get-together with Grant's family down in Shelby, NC so we stayed with my parents for the weekend. It was really nice to see all of Grant's family - and everyone just loved seeing little Livy. It was also nice for my parents to get to see Olivia again and spend some time with her. Here are some pictures from our visit with my parents:


Hanging out with Grandma


Isn't she cute??

Napping on Papa - with a full tummy!

How sweet!

I also pulled out Olivia's toys and started playing with them with her. She can now see a few feet away - so I wanted to see how she did with toys. She seemed to have fun with the rattles and noise-makers. Susan had given her a rattle that had flashing lights on it that she really liked. Here is are some pictures and a video of her playing with her toys and doing her tummy-time (notice that Mr. Chuck is getting braver and coming pretty close to her now - he's warming up):

Not so sure about this "Tummy-Time" thing!


Look at all my toys!



Look at Chuck sneaking up to investigate!

Other than that, there hasn't been much more going on this week, just hanging out with her and enjoying her smiles. She smiles all the time now and even reacts to us cooing at her and smiling at her. That is such a fun time to get her to react to us. Here is a video of me cooing at her and her smiling back (sorry about cutting off the top of her head in part of it):

Look at our smiley girl!

That's about all for now, I'll try to write on the blog at least once a week. Here's one last picture of mommy-daughter cuddling. Have a great weekend.


Mama's baby girl!

No comments: