Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Week 6

Hello All! So, we have had quite a busy week! Last weekend we had our first dinner out at a restaurant. She did so well. She was awake the whole time just looking around and taking it all in. Then we took our first trip to the mall on Monday with Sara and our little friend Gracie. Olivia did wonderfully! She slept most of the time and even when she was awake, she did very well!

Yesterday, we had lunch with my boss and a co-worker then stopped by my office to show her off. She did pretty good, but a little fussy screaming here and there. Then we went straight to daddy's office to show off there and we were a bit tired of being shown off and made quite a LOUD entrance into the place! She eventually settled down and fell asleep. Everyone loved her and told us how beautiful she was!

Then, today we had a trip to my doctor's office for my 6-week checkup and she did great there, too! We are starting to get out more and do more things - the change of scenery is good for the both of us!

I also had a couple friends come over last night to make us dinner and hang out - that was very nice. I enjoyed the dinner, but I enjoyed the company much more! Then today another friend came over and watched Olivia while I went to the dentist - then hung out with us for the day. That was really nice, as well. We have definately been very lucky to have such wonderful friends throughout this whole journey and are very greatful for all of them!

This weekend we are going to Huntersville to visit my parents while Grant is off to the beach to do his fantasy football draft with the boys! He said that he is going to miss her very much while he's gone - and we will miss him!
Well, that about sums up our week so here are some cute pictures from this week. She has gotten really good at recognizing us and smiling and cooing at us on a regular basis. She is so cute and we love how she will try to talk back at us when we talk to her and she loves to smile at us when we smile at her! Here are some pictures of her smiles and a short video of them:

Sound asleep in her little chair!


Not anymore!

Still wide awake and cute as ever!

Are you talking about me???

I hear my mommy talkin'

She's funny!

ha ha ha ha

Here's a video of Olivia smling and being happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's so cute, I can't wait to see her again.

Love
Mom B

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to check in and see how all is going. Looks like Olivia is teaching you lots! :) She is beautiful and so adorable! I know you are smitten by her. I love the picture you took of Grant's whole family with the men standing behind the Mommies and babies. Cute idea! I know Susan is beside herself being 'Grandma!' I'll check back in again soon! Hugs and love, Melissa Rose