Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Disney World - Day 2

So onto Day 2, but before I head into that, let me tell you about Night 1!!! So, on the first day Olivia passed out before we even got back to the hotel so she never even saw the room (standard: 2 queen beds). Anyway, we got back and put her into bed (asleep) then passed out shortly after - it had been a LONG day! At around 3am, security from the hotel comes knocking on the door. I stumble in the dark to the door half awake. They asked me if we had a little girl and I told them we did. Then the told me that she was on the other side of the hotel with security and they'd take me to her. I told them there was no way because she was asleep in our room but would double check. I went over and felt on her bed (it was pitch black in our room) and she WASN'T THERE! OMG!! Talk about panic! So I yelled at Grant that she had gotten our of the room and I was going with Security to get her and probably scared him half to death - then took off with them to go get her. She must have woken in the middle of the night, was confused and didn't know we were in the bed next to her because it was so dark and went toward the light under the door from the hall. Not sure how she got the heavy hotel door open, but she did. Once outside, there was no coming back in. She had walked (or run) to the other end of the hotel on our same floor. This is a HUGE hotel (bigger than a mall). It took me almost 10 minutes to walk to get her with security!

Anyway, apparently once she got to the end of the hall and couldn't go any further, she started crying and one of the mom's in a room near there heard her and came out and found her. She called security. Once they got her calmed down, Olivia was able to tell them her full name and me and Grant's names! Thank goodness! That's how they found us so quickly! I had been working on her memorizing her full name and our names for some time now, just in case something ever happened to her. I'm so glad I did because it was exactly what got us back to her this time. I'm also glad I didn't know she was gone until they had found her because If I had woken up and she was just gone, I would have really had a heart attack! The rest of the time we were there we made sure to latch the security chain/bar thing just in case! But as a warning to other parents of small children, make sure they know their first and last name and their parent's names! It just may come in handy - though I hope they will never need it for this reason! Thank goodness we were at a Disney World resort, too - filled with families. I don't even want to think about what could have happened!

Ok, now onto day 2:

We started out the day back at Magic Kingdom because we had a character lunch there. We got to watch the parade again - which is always fun with Olivia. Here is another picture and a couple videos of her from the parade:




Then we took on the carousel:



Here she is just dragging/dancing around with Grant:


Our character lunch was at the Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom with the Winnie the Pooh characters. This was the first time she got to see any of the characters up close on the trip and though she was a little hesitant at first, she really enjoyed meeting them. She was a little nervous of Tigger at first, but then told him she loved him. She was also a little nervous with Eyeore. Here are some pictures and videos of her character meetings:


Sorry that this next one is sideways, but it was too cute to leave out:

She LOVED piglet!








I believe this next one is from the Winnie the Pooh ride at Magic Kingdom. She enjoyed the rides quite a bit, too.



Then I believe this is the small world ride again:



We decided to head over to Hollywood Studios for the second half of the day. Olivia got a short nap in on our way from one park to the next. She was able to meet Handy Manny when we got there:

We rode a couple rides then went to meet Lightning McQueen and Mater from the Cars movie. (I'm sure Drew would have liked to meed them!) The picture with Mater didn't come out too well because he had his headlights (or one of them) on.


We tried to go see their big night show - Fantasmic - but it was already standing room only about an hour ahead of time. We also found out the reason why the park was SO crowded that day was because they had a marathon there and a cheerleading camp. So we decided to pack it up and head back - it had been another long, but fun day! Now to make sure the door was bolted before bed and head off to rest before another long day!

No comments: