Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Ready to do it all again???

So . . . are you all ready to do this all again? More like are "WE" ready to do it all again! We better be - because baby #2 is on the way! We are 13 1/2 weeks along as I am writing this and there is no stopping now! We will be due on September 27, 2011. (And yes to those mathematicians out this - this IS a New Year's Baby! - LOL).

Here is our first sonogram (at 9 weeks). I turned it sideways so the little one would be head up and drew a little sketch for those that are not so sonogram-savvy to show the orientation. The key is finding seeing the head and seeing the 4 little brighter white spots (sort of circular) below the head - 2 for hands and 2 for feet.



As far as I go, I have had the typical early pregnancy symptoms - morning sickness and exhaustion (especially being dragged around Disney for 8 days by a 2 1/2 year old! ha ha!). However, this time it all started earlier and has lasted longer! I am pretty sure I was done with the nausea by about 11 weeks with Olivia and here it is halfway through the 14th week and I was feeling icky this morning! But I think it is at least easing up a bit! With Olivia my next big symptom was migraines for a couple months - yep, already had my first yesterday! Hopefully that won't be as severe.


I did get to hear the heartbeat again this Monday at a checkup. It was in the 160's and sounded good!

I have also realized that you start showing a LOT earlier with the 2nd one. I wasn't really showing until at least 3 months - if not 4 with Olivia. With this one, I was starting to show at 8 weeks! Here is my 10-week belly shot - see what I mean:


We have already told our families and a lot of our closer friends - that we see on a regular basis. My boss and co-workers know (but not the owners in NJ yet). So once I heard the heartbeat again - to get some extra reassurance, I was ready to tell everyone and share our happy news on the blog.

Olivia knows and seems happy, though she doesn't entirely know what it all means. She knows that mama has a baby in her belly and that she used to be in my belly, too. But, since she has found out, she has been acting more like a baby and has really refused to potty train. uh oh! Looks like we'll need to come up with a new tactic for that. She wavers between wanting a little brother and a little sister and we really have no preference.

So, our Baby Nelson Blog will now be about Olivia and Baby #2. I'll keep you updated on how Olivia is doing and how I am doing with the new little one on the way.

2 comments:

Thursall said...

Congrats!!!

Johanna said...

Congratulations! It's a whole different adventure the second time around.