Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Belly Shots

Ok, so I know you guys are probably wondering how big my belly has been getting since it has been SO long since I have posted. Well, here is what you have missed:



31 Weeks



33 Weeks



Here are a couple videos of the little man kicking me quite a bit. This is from August 18th, when I was about 34 weeks along. Pay attention to the upper edge of my belly:






35 weeks




37 Weeks (Today, so one day shy of 37 weeks)



Ok, so let me fill you in on how I've been doing with this little guy in my tummy. All my appointments were going really well until I hit about 34 weeks. At that appointment, my blood pressure was starting to get a little high and I was told to take it easy and slow down. Well, that was also the same week that my swelling started and the headaches started (now I know those are from the high blood pressure). My pressure was 141/86 that week. They wanted me to come back for my next appointment in one week (at 35 weeks) instead of waiting until I got to 36 weeks (2 weeks away).


Ok, so at my 35 week appointment, my pressure had gone down some (and the headaches were better), so they told me I was doing better, but to still take it easy. (Meanwhile, I had started my new job about a month ago, was on a new project and was trying to get as much done before I had this guy as possible!). Anyway, I set off with another appointment scheduled for the following week - week 36.


Well, at that next appointment (last week), my pressure was higher than ever (145/98) and they threatened to take me out of work. After negotiating with them, they are giving me one more week to see how it goes, mostly because it is a holiday weekend and I'll be able to rest a bit (that's what they think!). Anyway, the headaches were back with a vengeance - so is the swelling. They also want me to do some additional testing to test me for pregnancy induced hypertension, uric acid and all the general preclampsia symptoms - so I am currently doing a 24-hour urine sampling today to bring in tomorrow (so much fun) and I will get bloodwork done when I get there in the morning. I have my next appointment on Thursday (so they have time to get these results) and I have a feeling that I will not be going to work again after that. I think I'm probably going to get pulled. Oh, well, I'll have tomorrow and Wednesday to tidy up what I can and turn it over - then we'll see what happens from there.


Now this weekend was a whole other story - but relaxing it has not been yet - so I am trying to take it easy today and get some r and r before Thursday. We'll see how that goes. I'll fill you all in on this weekend in a future post.


Needless to say, I am trying to get as much ready for little man as possible this weekend - just in case he decides to show up early, or the docs think it is a good idea to convince him to come a bit early - so resting hasn't been easy.


We have cleaned off a lot of our registry at Babies-r-Us, put together the swing and bassinet and we are planning on putting the car seats in today and pack my hospital bag to keep in the car. I figure that as much as Murphy's law loves us, if I'm not prepared, then I'll have him this week, if I am, then I can get at least one more week beforehand.


Other than all of that, I wanted to show you all some pictures of little man's room. It is just about decorated (even though we won't be here that long after he is born). He has a cute little jungle sports theme. I painted the cute little animal pictures on the wall in this next picture on either side of the blanket that is hanging on the wall.







Ok, so that's enough drama for one posting. I'll fill you in more in my next couple posts.


No comments: