Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Friday, September 9, 2011

House & Health Update

Ok, so life continues not to be boring around our household!  We SOLD our house!  Yeah! And what is even better, the new buyers aren't starting their new job until January, so they are going to let us rent it back until the end of the year - perfect timing for us and our new home since it is supposed to be done by the end of the year!  Not really sure how it all seemed to work out so well, but we are thanking our lucky stars!  Our home inspection (for our current house) is next Friday, so let's just hope they don't find anything major that will scare the buyers away.  Otherwise, we should be in great shape.

The new house is looking good, too.  They did the plumbing the week before last and did the electrical this past week.  Grant is meeting the builder and electrician out there on Saturday morning to do an electrical walk-through.

Ok, now onto what's going on with me and little man.  I had my blood work and urinalysis sample drop-off on Tuesday.  My real appointment was yesterday morning (Thursday).  When the nurse checked my BP, it looked good.  But I had gotten a really bad headache Wednesday night that kept me up all night ans was still hanging around (after taking medicine and having Grant try to work out my neck).  So when I told the doctor that, he got very concerned.  He said that being pregnant (especially this late on), I am at a much higher risk for stroke or seizure.  They pretty much told me I had pregnancy induced hypertension due to the up and down swings of my BP, finding some (but not above the danger level) protein in my urine and with the headaches.  So . . . he sent me over to the hospital to have more blood work and testing done and to monitor me and the baby for a while.

So, I spent the better part of the day yesterday in a labor and delivery room getting poked and prodded and making sure everything was ok.  My blood work looked good there, but my urine had a higher level of protein than even the morning's sample.  The baby was doing well and my BP looked good.  So they released me a little after 2pm, but took me out of work and put me on bed rest.  Now I have twice a week appointments where they will also monitor the baby every time and will have an additional sonogram on Tuesday to make sure he is doing well and ok just in case he needs to come out soon.  They also gave me a list of reasons to have to come back in immediately (and I'm guessing it I do, I'll be leaving with a baby outside my body).  They gave me some medication for if I get another headache, but if it doesn't resolve it, I have to come back in right away.  So . . . looks like I need to take it easy and rest up and hope that nothing gets worse.  But I am doing ok, just tired and sore and trying to make it a little longer so we make sure our little guy is ok. 

So, if you need me, you know where I'll be!  I'll keep you guys updated as things progress and definitely let you know how my appointment and sonogram go on Tuesday.  (I'm sure we will go and check out the house this weekend, too - so we should have more pics of that and Olivia's 2nd dance class).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Sounds like you are having the same thing I had with Greg. They put me out of work at 8 months, and spend a lot of time lying on my left side (it was better for the blood pressure, etc). I too had the 3 times a week checking and monitoring until he was born. Just follow what they say and everything will be ok. And all the fluid will go away after the baby is born. Call me if you get bored or want to talk to someone that's had it. Love you!