Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Pregnancy and Baby Update

You guys know that I’ve been put on bed rest and taken out of work at 37 ½ weeks (Thursday).  Anyway I had the follow-up sonogram that next Tuesday and all looked good with the little guy.  He was fully developed and doing really well.  The only thing that wasn’t perfect was that he was a bit smaller than average – 23rd percentile –about 6 lbs, 6oz.  But since he is healthy otherwise, I am perfectly fine with him being a bit smaller – better for me anyway.  He has plenty of time to grow after he comes out of my body!  But then again, those estimates can swing by a pound or two – so there’s no telling what size he is.

Anyway, the next day (Wednesday) I had another pretty severe headache (since the night before) and the medicine wouldn’t work that they gave me so I finally caved in and called the doctor (like they told me to do) and I had to go back into the hospital for more monitoring.  He did well with that monitoring again and I was able to come home.  The same doctor that I saw in the hospital was the one I already had an appointment with for that Friday.  When I saw her on Friday, everything was still good with the baby and they went ahead and scheduled my induction for Tuesday, September 20th, exactly at 39 weeks.  Yep, if you’re paying attention – that is TOMORROW!!!! OMG!!!

Of course going naturally would be better, but looks like he isn’t planning to make his own entrance unless something changes today/tonight.  So, in the meantime, I have all my bags packed and everything ready for the little man to join us tomorrow (or Wednesday if the induction takes a really long time).  They haven’t given me a time for the induction.  They just told me that they will call me and then I come it and it may be as early as 6am.  I am guessing it will depend on when they get a bed available – based on how many walk ins they get overnight tonight.

My parents are coming up tonight so that they can go with me to the hospital tomorrow so that Grant can go into work for about half of the day.  We don’t know when I will be called in and even if they call me in first thing in the morning, it will be at least lunch time before they get me hooked up and anything starts happening – so I told Grant to go ahead and go into work so he doesn’t miss the whole day for nothing.  I’d rather him be able to take the rest of the week off to be with me and the little man when he actually starts making his way into the world and when we bring him home.

Grant’s mom is coming up Tuesday afternoon (after work).  (Alan is out of the state hunting and will have to wait until the weekend to meet our little guy).  Susan and my parents are all leaving on Wednesday.  My parents may come back to see him again over the weekend and Susan will be coming back on Sunday to stay through Tuesday to help me out after Grant goes back to work.  I also expect to see Alan over the weekend and Chad and Becca.

So we spent the weekend making sure we have everything ready to bring him home.  We have the bassinet in our room and the pack and play downstairs.  I have sterilized bottles and pacifiers and think we have everything ready to go now.  Just a couple more things to pick up at the store today (but nothing urgent). 

The hospital just called me to confirm my induction for tomorrow and now they are telling me that they may call me as early as 5am!!!  Wow, that is early!  Anyway, I am going to try to post on the blog as soon as I can after he arrives, but no guarantees that it will be the same day he is born.  I promise to do my best, but it will not be my priority, I’m sure. J

Ok, so now for the exciting news . . . . we have finally agreed on a name for the baby  boy!!!  Are you ready???   Ok, so we have decided to name him Owen.  So his full name will be Owen Houston Nelson.  Yeah!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you've got things in order just want to say if you start to feel things happening fast call Grant. They started my induciton at about 7am, Emily was born around 1pm, and that was only bc my ob had left the hospital to go to lunch and it took him a bit go get back otherwise she would have been closer to 12:30 maybe earlier if the nurse had checked me before the epi (she was trying to do me a favor since she knew I wanted one). Anyways my only point in this long post is to say it probably won't happen fast but don't count out the fact that it could so if you start to feel like things are going fast and you want him there call him.