Blogger Backgrounds

Watch Owen Houston Nelson Grow!

Watch Olivia Rose Grow!!!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Hello all! So, we had some more visitors this week. Olivia's two great grandmothers came to visit from Rhode Island to see her! We had a good time hanging out. Here are some pictures of their visit:


Here's Olivia with Grandma Betty


Here's Olivia with Grandma Lynn


Ok, so yesterday we went to drop off Olivia's medical info (vaccine record/physical) at the daycare since she was due to start there next week to give us one week to get used to the new routine before I started back to work. Anyway, when I went in there I noticed how little attention the kids/babies were getting. There was one teacher and 5 babies and it just broke my heart to see what type of environment Olivia would be in. I mean how can one person give any reasonable amount of attention to 5 babies in between feeding and changing them. So, I was pretty upset about all of it. Anyway, our next door neighbor had mentioned to us a while back that she was going to start an at-home daycare. So, when we got home I gave her a call to check it out. She is only keeping one other kid at the moment and has her mother there to help, as well. She is only planning on having 3 kids there so they would get a ton more attention. Anyway, she said she would be happy to keep Olivia for us and had about the same rates as the daycare. So . . . we are going to do that instead. That makes me feel a lot better knowing that they will give her the attention she needs and she won't be neglected. My neighbor is a very nice lady and is very caring with the children. She said she is excited about keeping her, as am I. I feel much better now!


Ok, so other than that drama yesterday, we are leaving this weekend for a family get-together with Grant's family. So, we'll be on the road again! Also, Olivia has learned a new trick. She has been working really hard on figuring out how to use her hands and has been learning to grab and hold things. My grandma Betty got her a rattle and Olivia has learned how to hold and shake it. She is doing pretty well with it. Here's a video:




Aside from that, we are still going day by day figuring out this little one and counting down my time left until I have to go back to work on the 8th. I will enjoy the adult time again, but will miss my little one during the day. My boss has been great, he has worked it out with my client so that I won't have to be there until 9am and can leave by 3pm so that I can be there to drop off and pick up Olivia. Then I can just finish up my work from home in the evenings after she is in bed. That was very nice of him to arrange all of that for me (all on his own!).


Ok, so I have been really trying to get this picture for a long time. Whenever Olivia gets upset for whatever reason and gets going - she sticks out her bottom lip and it is sooo cute. She is even cute when she's upset. I finally got it on camera for you all to see.



And here are a couple pictures of Olivia in her cute little hat:


And here are a couple more videos for you to see. One of Olivia learning Guitar . . . it was only a matter of time! :) He even had her holding the pick correctly all on her own!! And the other of Grant reading to her.





1 comment:

Mr. Hipp said...

That third photo, with the sad, crying face. that's what I looked like watching last night's game. But not nearly so cute.